Saturday, December 4, 2010

How to read for yourself

I have received numerous e-mails from people, asking for a reading, saying they find it difficult to do a reading for themselves. Some say they feel they are choosing the cards they want to see in their reading. Here are some tips to read for yourself. See if they work for you.

Put on relaxing music.
Meditate prior to your reading.
Focus on the question you want answered. At times, I use a focal point, such as a stone, or a lit candle.
When I read for myself, or for others, I often think of a number before I start shuffling the cards - and shuffle as many times as the number that first came into my mind. For one reason or another, numbers 8 and 15 seem to work for me. Sometimes it also helps to do the spread face down - that way you will not pick out the cards based on seeing which card it is, but rather based on the vibration of the card. Once you have done the spread, turn the cards face up, one by one, in the order your spread normally is. Then read - and trust what you read. You can't go wrong. There is magic in Tarot. Discover it. It is no more difficult to read for yourself than it is to read for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment